Friday, January 31, 2014

Multiples finishes

This has been a week of many finishes! Last Friday I sandwiched together 6 quilts and I am happy to say several are finished. This first one is inspired by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts. I purchased her book last year and have been dying to try the slab method. I had a whole lot of scraps, leftover ends of mostly 3.5 inch strips along with plenty of other cut off ends, so I tossed them all together. It was fun to pick and choose where I wanted the pieces and how to get them to fit together. There are leftovers from over 15 quilts here and I am happy with how it turned out.
Another inspiration from Amanda Jean. She had a quilt made from squares quite awhile ago and so as I was cutting other things I began to cut 4 inch squares from leftover chunks whenever I could and once in awhile would dig through a pile of scraps and cut some. After several months I finally had enough to make a nice lap quilt. I love it! My oldest daughter does too. It will be hers this weekend and she will no longer have to nap under the baby quilt. She will have one of her own.
Dare I bring Christmas out again?? I made one similar to this for adorable grand baby right before Christmas and I found some fabric from the same line after the holiday on sale. Her sweet cousin who is a few months younger will now have one to kind of match! I love it!


Last, my Friday night project. The Christmas one is getting quilted up. Gotta love Friday
Linking up to
 Crazy Mom Quilts.
 Free motion quilting project
Confessions of a fabric addict
Fairy Face designs





4 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of your finishes. I especially love the first one with the sashing and cornerstones between your slabs. What a fun way to remember all those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the slab quilt - I too hope to try that technique as well (once I build up enough scraps to do it with!) You've been very productive, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrap quilts. You've inspired me to get on with using up mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The slab quilt is fab, you have lovely finishes there! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete