Saturday, January 25, 2014

Icy day, Sewing day!

 Today I would like to begin with a friends finish! This last summer we shared a lovely trip tp Sedona with friends and we stopped at several quilt shops all along the way. Our husbands were very patient with us as we stopped along the way. We saw some amazing quilts and just delightful shops. My friend Vivian was inspired to finish a project she had started many years ago and after the trip, she put her machine up and finished this lovely little quilt. Way to go Vivian, I will look for some more in the future.

My team teacher at work had requested a western quilt for a friend having a baby and I had a ton of fun putting this one together. It just needs the binding this weekend and off it goes. YeeHa!
I quilted it with the loopy rope stitch and I just love the cowboys.
I also put together another transportation quilt. A teacher at school is having twin boys and this is the first one done. I have enough left to make another slightly different one with the same fabrics. That's next.
I spent my ice day off from school putting together the layers to quilt. That is the part I am not too fond of, so I figured a work day off from school could be a work day at home. I sandwiched 6 quilts together and I have 2 left to do. I have been very busy in the last few weeks and gotten a few tops done so now the quilting begins. It will be a late night.
I have also been slowly cutting some of those little Hexi pieces so I have something to hand sew on my trip. Sometimes I think I am really crazy. Looks like fun. Well it is back to the machine. FUN!!





3 comments:

  1. I love that you make quilts for friends at work/school. I have a baby shower for our kinder teacher coming up this next week. I made her one of my flannel receiving blankets of which I'll post about on Tuesday. :) (We had bad ice today too....haven't seen the sun for 5 weeks....). Hope your weekend is good! :)V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sedona is beautiful! We went last January two years ago and I loved it. I forgot to visit quilt stores while I was there though. I spent my 2 days hiking through the mountains and enjoying the view. And WOW! 6 quilts tops sandwiched. I see some quilting in your near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have so much fun quilting. I love the loopy line you did on the western quilt. It is my favorite and does remind me of rope.

    ReplyDelete