Thursday, March 9, 2017

Happy Baby

A teacher at school asked me about making a quilt for her third sweet baby girl. I was happy to jump in. I had some beautiful fabrics I was holding on to for the right thing and....there it was!! So out they came and Mom helped pick a pattern she liked and I was a happy sewer for a few weeks. I made it a big lap size, so she can use it for awhile. I LOVE how it turned out. Mom was happy and so was Baby! I even put her name on front.


I am getting a bit braver in my quilting and that is fun!
And that's a happy baby too!
 I think I showed this top earlier but I took some chances in my quilting and really experimented.
 I also used variegated thread. Why not experiment and have some fun with all those scraps.
The quilt top is not that pretty but the quilting makes it much better. VERY scrappy.
My next quilt is already pieced and sandwiched together with Minky on the back. I'm really scared!!! I know I need to jump in, so that is next time.

1 comment:

  1. These are both such sweet quilts. I love seeing your different quilting. Great job and good luck with the minky.

    ReplyDelete