Saturday, January 14, 2017

Scrappy Chevron

Back to the batch of free fabric that my daughter brought me. I found some colors that were rather pale for my taste but I wanted to do some experimenting, So I made the easy peasy chevron from Kelly over at My quilt infatuation. I have made it several times and it remains one of my favorites. I love the way it turns out and its so easy to make. Anyway, I was experimenting with pale calm colors and I wanted to experiment with quilting as well. I quilted each chevron zig zag differently and even used different colors, pink, grey, blue and white. I realized I have lots of work to do but it still makes me happy to look at it. I was going to donate it to a charity but I think I'm going to hold on to it until I find the right person to give it to. I think God is nudging me to tell me there is someone who may need it in the future and I am supposed to save it for them, So I will.





My nephew in Ohio had a baby girl and she had some health issues at birth so I am sending her a blanket I made. No batting inside, flannel on the front and minky on the back. I was pretty afraid of the minky but it was not too bad! I embroidered her name on it so her older sister and brother remember who's it is!!



I used flannel from the quilt show  couple years ago and leftover minky. nothing purchased and that makes me really happy. My husband teases me that I have the happy gene, so i guess it doesnt take much. happy sewing!!
Linking up to
Crazy mom quilts
confessions of a fabric addict

1 comment: