Friday, March 11, 2016

Spring break, Spring sewing

I am so excited that I can finally focus a bit more on the home front. Spring break has arrived and there is much to do. One thing to do is post on the blog which has been neglected as of late.
I am trying to get some simple quilts out to use the new machine and figure out how to use my favorite thread, The Bottom Line by Superior threads. I got this little baby quilt done for a baby shower for my daughters friend. The thread is pretty invisible.
I did a different design on the border but as you can see the quilting is hard to see.

I also made her a matching bag and a luggage tag since they live far away from friends and family.


I also made up a baby quilt with some scraps from a bag I bought at Quilt show last November and another lap size with all the remains. I just love the colors. they are happy to me.
I love the big one


I had a long weekend away with my sewing buddies and I made each of them a  luggage tag and a cord keeper. It was fun. We each made a star block to donate to the wounded warrior project and made tiny blankets for the tiny tears project.

I am so blessed, honored and lucky to have great friends who also love to sew and quilt. I am humbled by what each and every one accomplishes, inspired by the creativity that comes from the group and honored to call them friends. Thank you.
This was the first time an all our years together that all 10 got to be there. It was delightful.
Linking up to





1 comment:

  1. So glad you are figuring out your new machine. These quilts are darling and happy.

    ReplyDelete