Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Rail Fence Done

Thank you Amanda Jean (from Crazy Mom Quilts) for pushing me out of my comfort zone.  She posted an awesome tutorial on the rail fence quilt. I decided to try a BOY quilt to donate. I have 3 girls and a grandaughter so this was a big step for me. When I first started putting it together I thought it would not even be good enough for donation but I am excited to see the finish. I think I really like it.
I used green and brown. I used all pieces from scraps even the back is a soft flannel with pine cones on. It sort of has a camo look without being camo. I quilted it in a verigated thread and that just made the whole thing pop. It really looks much better in person.


I used up a nice chunk of stash and am happy to mail it off. It was a good summer day!

7 comments:

  1. Nice quilt... manly colors... you don't see many that a man would like. Good going girl.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific quilt! I like the colors and the backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and I like to use flannel in a man's quilt. You did a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making a rail fence quilt, too. I have only cut out the strips so far. Yours turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right - it does have that camo feel. It's a great quilt! My boys would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors look great and the flannel backing will be so comfy!! I have all boys and I know they would like this.

    ReplyDelete